Thursday, December 3, 2009

Get Alive!!!

I just found out I was forced to attend an event. In fact, I had no choice but to be involved with it. It just got worse every single day. I knew such an event would be held in december but I didnt plan to attend it. The following was the conversation between me and the person on duty for the event.

The Person : Hey, will be you be coming for this event?
Me : No, I dont think so.
The Person : But "-----" and "-----" (people's names) will be attending.
Me : Yes, I'm aware of it. But those 2 people did not say a word about the event to me at all.
The Person : Since the 2 of them are coming, I think you are too.
Me : Oh ok... (I was thinking what does their participation has to do with me???)

I mean, COME ON!!! Just because those 2 people already confirmed that they would be attending, that did not, is not and will never mean that I am going. If you want someone to come, you invite them. An invitation means you asks people. You give the details. You encourage them. Then, it is up to people if they want to attend or not. A question is meant for the other person to answer freely. Not to dictate their answer as you wish. If you dictate, it is not a question. It is an order.

The worst had yet to come. Subsequently, the person on duty gave the 2 people (who confirmed their participation) their respective duties. When the person on duty gave the duty roster to them, the person saw me. The following are the conversation between us.

The Person : Hey, so you're coming right? Can you be on duty?
(Before I could answer anything)
Those 2 people : Yeah, sure, she can come and she'll be on duty.
(And a lady chipped in and agreed with the 2 people)

For God's sake, the question was directed to me. Me being given the question. So it's me who was supposed to answer. And now I'm on duty for all 4 days (the event is for 4 days) while the 2 person are on duty for 1 and 1/2 days.

Forcing people does not show your superiority. It only shows that you are desperate to get things done your way. Get alive!!!

No comments: